When it comes to Solo Stove camping stove’s, the Solo Stove Titan is the middle-sized stove. This compact camping stove is built to cook for two to four people, weighs 16.5 ounces, and is 7.9 inches tall by 5.1 inches wide. The Titan uses wood instead of fuel, so be sure to have sticks, twigs, pine cones, and other biomass nearby to start your flame. Although you’ll be using wood, Solo Stove hooks you up with a low smoke design, which is one of my favorite perk of its products.
If you’re in the market for something bigger or even smaller, Solo Stove offers the Campfire and Lite. The Campfire cooks for four or more people and the Lite cooks for one to two people. All three camping stoves use the same wood-burning design. The right stove for you likely comes down to how many people you need to cook for.
Is It Worth the Money?
If you’re looking for a wood-burning camping stove, the $80 you’ll spend on the Titan will be worth every penny. The way the stove channels air to the fire and between the walls helps for a more efficient burn, leaving you with no smoke. What’s more, an efficient burn also means you’ll use less wood than you would have with a traditional open campfire. People and campers alike who love the nostalgic tradition of cooking on an open fire will quickly fall in love with this amazing camping stove.
Who Should Consider the Solo Stove Titan
- People looking for an on-the-go cooking solution: The Solo Stove Titan is perfect for you if you want a wood-burning cooking solution for your next camping trip. It’s compact, easy to use, and will burn hot, making for an easy cooking experience.
- People who prefer wood-burning stoves: The Titan does not use your typical camping stove propane. You will need to ignite this fire with small sticks and twigs. Only use this stove if you’re okay with this type of fuel.
Who Should Consider Another Fire Pit
- People who want to use propane: As I just stated, the Titan does not use typical propane, which might make it feel a little less convenient than your typical Coleman camping stove. If you want to use propane instead of wood, look toward another option, like the Coleman Triton.
- People looking for a portable fire pit: Although this camping stove uses wood to burn fire, it’s not big enough to consider a fire pit. If you’re looking for a portable fire pit, consider the Solo Stove Ranger.
Solo Stove Titan Benefits
- Cooks for two to four people: The Titan works great with pots and pans up to around six inches, including Solo Stove’s Pot 1800. With pots and pans of this size, whether Solo Stove branded or not, you’ll be able to cook for up to four people.
- Compact design: Solo Stove is known for compact camping stoves, and the Titan is its middle-sized stove. It only weighs 16.5 oz, meaning this will be easy to take with you on the road. Plus, when you’re done using it, you can store it in its stuff sack.
- Low smoke: Just like other Solo Stove products, the Solo Stove Titan is designed to essentially eliminate smoke from your cooking experience. The way the air flows from the top to the bottom helps burn the fire efficiently and save your eyes from plumes of smoke.
Solo Stove Titan Drawbacks
- Wood-burning stove: The Solo Stove Titan is a wood-burning stove, meaning you won’t be able to use propane or butane. While wood-burning stoves are a plus for some, others may find it to be inconvenient.
- Some rust issues: There are a few customer reviews on Solo Stove’s website that address potential rust issues. To avoid this, be sure to put your camping stove back in the bag and store it in a dry place.
- Only fits small pieces of wood: Unfortunately, you won’t be able to use large pieces of wood to start your fire. But don’t worry, although it only fits sticks and twigs, you’ll be blown away by the fire it’s able to produce.
Solo Stove Campfire vs Titan vs Lite
You have three options when you shop for a camping stove with Solo Stove: the Campfire, Titan, and Lite. The Campfire is the biggest, the Titan is the happy medium, and the Lite is the smallest stove. While these products vary in weight and size, they all are made with the same low smoke, wood-burning design. When you’re choosing one for your next camping trip, be sure to use the one that works for the size of your group.
Solo Stove Titan Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Pot 1800 is going to be your best bet when using the Solo Stove Titan. What’s more, the stove fits into the pot for compact storage.
If you want to add accessories to your camping stove kit, look toward the Solo Stove Windscreens, Alcohol Burners, Tripods, and Firesteel.
After your fire has burned through and your stove has cooled, simply dump the remaining ashes out. Store your Titan in its bag and a cool, dry place until the next use.
The Solo Stove Titan is the middle child when it comes to Solo Stove’s camping stoves. It’s perfect if you plan on cooking for up to four people, and will surprise you with it’s compact, smokeless design. Be sure to get your hands on this wood-burning camping stove before your next road trip or camping outing.